We were the recipients of 4 awards in the past month or so that we were then totally delinquent in passing on. But here we are attempting to redeem ourselves:
We received the Zombie Chicken Award from State of Denmark in March – it was our first ever award! And, can I just say, whoever originally came up with this award name and description rocks.
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their words.
We hereby bequeath it on to:
- Sadako at Dibbly Fresh, who we have no doubt would snark right through to the end in the event of zombie chicken apocalypse.
- Travis at 100 Scope Notes – what with all the kids in all the school libraries, zombie chickens would be no match for you.
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
We’d like to pass this one on to:
They have done much to draw us into the Kid/YA lit blogging community.
And finally, Sadako also gave us the One Lovely Blog Award.
This is the award given to new blogs and blogging friends that the blogger has just discovered.
Our nominees for this one:
- A Fuse #8 Production (which of course is not new, but is new to me (Emily) as I did not start reading it regularly until Elizabeth Bird began the still-ongoing 100 Best Picture Books Countdown, which I have been following religiously.)
- Dog Ear
- Little Snarky Two Shoes
Thanks everyone, we feel most honored!